Thursday 3 June 2010

26. Al from Toy Story 2.


I love Toy Story, I really do; it's brilliantly observed, full of those little details that one only notices on the fifth viewing and, of course, very funny. No, I have no problem with it at all, except that since the DVD came into the house a fortnight or so ago, my son has, in common with most small boys, become obsessed with it. It's been on at least once a day since then, and sometimes twice. I know the script by heart and, to the annoyance of all, can sing all the songs. Sometimes in tune. Such is young Toby's obsession that he won't move on to the sequel, Toy Story (you guessed it) 2, where we can see the frankly criminal Al, proprietor of Al's Toy Barn and stealer of valuable cowboy toys. If I was really honest, Al looks rather more like my friend Lee Turbard than me, but seeing as Lee has already featured on this blog, it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment